- About us
- St. Petersburg
- Apply now!
BASIC RULES OF FOREIGN CITIZEN’S STUDYING AT SPbSU
1. Foreign citizens coming to study in St. Petersburg State University (SPbSU) (including research programs and courses) should submit to the office (Naberezhnaya Lejtenante Shmidta, 11/2, room 307) of SPbSU the following documents: copies of their national passports (all pages), visa and migration card stamped by Border Control (Immigration) in order to be primarily registered and to execute notification of the arrival of the foreign citizen to the place of residence in the Russian Federation (citizens of the Republic of Belarus should submit copy of their ticket instead of migration card) and two photos size 3x4.
For your stay on the territory of Russian Federation you should have a health insurance polis valid for the whole period of your visa.
2. Foreign citizens have to submit to the office (r.307) application for prolongation of the registration and all the documents required not later than 1 month before expiration of the stated date of primary registration. The prolongation of foreign citizens’ registration in the territory of the Russian Federation is made at the same time as the issuance of a multiple entry visa for the term of agreement/contract, but not more than for 1 year.
3. Before leaving to other cities of the Russian Federation foreign citizen has to present to the office (r. 307) the information concerning the purpose, duration and place of residence. In case of staying in another city for the period more than three days foreign citizen has to apply for registration by himself/herself in a local department of the Migration Service or should address the authorities of the receiving organization for the purpose of obtaining of a temporary registration. During two working days on return prior returning to the place of study in St. Petersburg foreign citizen has to inform the office (r. 307) of his/her arrival.
4. Before leaving the territory of the Russian Federation foreign citizen has to be present to the office (r. 307) the information concerning the purpose and duration of a trip. During two working days on return to the place of study in Saint-Petersburg foreign citizen have inform the office (r. 307) of his/her arrival.
5. In case the place of residence in the territory of St. Petersburg (Leningrad area) is changed foreign citizen has to present to the office (r. 307) the information about his/her new place of residence in two working days prior returning date in order to execute a new notification.
6. In case the national documents are lost (passport, migration card), foreign citizens have to inform immediately to the office 307 about the accident.
7. Foreign citizens have to extend or change their national passports 6 months before the date of expiry and present them to room 307.
8. Upon graduation or dismissal from the university, foreign citizens have to depart from the Russian Federation within 3 days from the moment of the issuance of the enrollment termination order. In order to leave the territory of the Russian Federation foreign citizens are to have a national passport, a stamped migration card, a visa and a notification.
All other labor activities for foreign citizens during the period of study are strictly forbidden.
9. Foreign students who have committed crimes, administrational or other violations in the territory of the Russian Federation come under the same penalties as the Russian Federation citizens.
10. Any violation of the present rules is subject to the following measures: a fine, an administration separation, and deportation in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation.
11. All foreign citizens arrived to the Russian Federation on the student visa, have to submit the copy of a document (ticket) providing departure from the Russian Federation at least two weeks prior to departure from the country.
ATTENTION: The term of execution of the visa operations – 1 month